Beirut Spring is an alternative, casual and opinionated take on Lebanese (and regional) news from the perspective of a Lebanese who lives abroad.
Beirut Spring was mentioned in various international and local media including: The Economist, Al-Hayat, Lonely Planet, The BBC, The Washington Post, Newsweek, CNN, The Guardian, Al-Akhbar Newspaper and Wired Magazine.
Beirut Spring was also profiled in the Lebanese media, namely: The Daily Star , Assafir & the Arab Press Network
Awards and Recognition
- Lebanon’s Best News Blog – Social Media Awards, Beirut 2013
- Finalist, “Lebanon’s Blog of the Year” – Social Media Awards Beirut 2013
- Top 35 Middle Eastern Bloggers – Al-Monitor
- 10 Best Lebanese Blogs - Communicate Levant Magazine
- Top Ten most connected twitter users in Lebanon – Portland
- Arab Blogs Reading List for President Obama – Foreign Policy
- Cover Story: Who’s Who of Lebanese Bloggers? – Le Commerce Due Levant
About the Author
My name is Mustapha Hamoui. I am originally from Tripoli, Lebanon, but I now live and work outside of Lebanon. I’m not sure if I’m a businessman, a geek or a designer. I’m a proud alumnus of the American University Of Beirut.
I’m a husband and a father and I speak four languages (Arabic, English, French, Spanish)